hit them again

A boxing tragic's look at the world of boxing. No hidden agendas, no cash for comment, just my opinion, for what it's worth, of the greatest sport there is. Oh yeah, and i can't fight for shit!

Friday, May 12, 2006

Another meaningless fight

Hey DeLaHoya beat Mayorga… who woulda picked that?
(Disclaimer: on a website I voted for mayorga… it was wishful thinking)
I don’t think anyone seriously thought Mayorga could upset Delawhorea did they? He maybe had a slugger’s chance but that’s all. I mean, that’s why Trinidad used him for his comeback… cos Ricardo is there to be hit if you’re fast enough as Trinny and Whorea are. I have to admit I had hoped that Mayorga might have got one of this big blows in and upset the applecart but right from the first it was obvious that wasn’t going to happen. Whorea was too fast for Mayorga and although a few of his body shots were getting through he wasn’t doing any real damage. Mind you , that uppercut in the third was purty impressive, he just couldn’t follow up. Oscar was just too quick, too clever and Ricardo’s habit of standing there to soak it up just played into his hands. I’m just glad it wasn’t me who paid for the broadcast. Question now is who does DeLaHoya take on next and do we care?! All the talk is Mayweather… hell, Mayweather will whip oscar’s ass… and no I don’t think Mayweather is that good…but he is younger, faster and fitter. If Oscar is smart he’ll remember what happened to Trinidad. It’s one thing to beat Mayorga it’s another to beat someone who can box!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home